Home Forums Citati i izreke Razlike između britanskog i američkog engleskog

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Saro Saro 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Spring
    Spring
    Keymaster

442e1c0dd61e4ffbb835c6416d7c8bfa.jpg

br+vs+am.jpg

Saro
    Saro

For some reason in Canada we mix them up, some I use the British way and some I use the American way 😆 It’s funny/interesting to see the differences, I didn’t even realise this xD Here are a few that I know of, if there are other ones I’ll name them 🙂

American:color, while, realize, mom, honor, flavor, neighbor, theater, center, mustache, recognize
    British:colour, whilst, realise, mum, honour, flavour, neighbour, theatre, centre, moustache, recognise

Spring
    Spring
    Keymaster

Thanks Sarah!
    Someone once told me that my English was like a mixture of Serbian and Croatian (probably as a result of what I’d learned in school on one side and the rest that I picked up from the movies etc.) so, since then, I’m trying not to mix though I don’t think I’m 100% successful at it and, besides, my native language is Serbo-Croat after all so… why not BrE – AmE 😛

Saro
    Saro

xD I know what you mean. Same thing with my family since they are from Vukovar so we also speak with a mixture of serbian and croatian 😆 Canadians use of American and British a lot so it’s okay if you mix them up 😀 I do it all the time xD I never heard of sneakers as trainers or garbage as rubbish, so that’s pretty cool 😀 In Serbia, in school do you guys learn English in the British or American dialect? 🙂

Spring
    Spring
    Keymaster

It should be British but having in mind all sorts that teach the language, anything is possible 🙂

Saro
    Saro

😀 haha. Here are the ones I found while translating 🙂 The jewellery always confused me
    American:Gray, traveled, jewelry, donut, cosy
    British:Grey, travelled, jewellery, doughnut, cozy

Spring
    Spring
    Keymaster

Jewellery is one of the signs they taught me British at school because I remember the struggle with it 😛
    And the grey word always drives me crazy .. .

Saro
    Saro

Jewellery drove me crazy because you learn to spell the word one way, then some people say it is wrong and some say it is right, you don’t know what to do anymore xD

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SpringHome › Forums › Citati i izreke › Razlike između britanskog i američkog engleskog This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saro 3 years, 10 months ago. Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total) Author Posts November 22, 2013 at 7:35 pm #45527 SpringKeymaster November 23, 2013...Profesionalni prevodi vaših omiljenih pesama. Translation of Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian, ex-YU lyrics, poems etc. All Eurovision Lyrics